[Distutils] command hooks...

Daniel Holth dholth at gmail.com
Fri May 25 00:56:12 CEST 2012

> For something like Pyramid the main piece that's missing is support
> for an entry_points like system.  As Tarek and other have pointed out
> the past, such a system could still be supported through a third-party
> plugin system that works via setup hooks and custom metadata.  I think
> there was even a prototype for something like that at one point...

'packaging' will be powerful enough to copy entry_points.txt into the
.dist-info directory as a resource. Python bug #11880.

The existing entry points code has a plugin mechanism for itself that
will make it easy to iterate over entry_points.txt in dist-info as
well as egg-info directories. Just write that plugin and you should be
good to go. Though you might have to install the plugin in an egg-info
directory at first...