[Distutils] [buildout] 2.0.0 release causing problems

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 00:14:49 CET 2013

Hi All/Jim,

I have my library CI builds happen once a week to catch problems caused
by dependencies. The first build of one these after the 2.0.0 release
was not exactly clean:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/81/

Okay, fair enough, maybe I need a new bootstrap.py, so I tried with the
2 bootstrap:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/82/

Nope, no dice. Most of these look like spurious output that I need to
filter:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/82/PYTHON=2.7,label=linux/testReport/junit/(root)/_var_lib_jenkins_slave_workspace_checker-buildout_db25235f_docs_installation/txt/

But also my Mac OS Python 2.5 now appears to cause failures:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/82/PYTHON=2.5,label=mac/console

What's going on there?

Anyway, not being that fussed about Buildout 2 for this library, I
thought I'd switch back to 1 using
http://downloads.buildout.org/1/bootstrap.py, but this doesn't seem to
keep me on buildout 1.x anymore:

http://jenkins.simplistix.co.uk/job/checker-buildout/83/PYTHON=2.5,label=mac/console

The code running the failing tests is here:

https://github.com/Simplistix/checker/blob/master/checker/tests/test_docs.py

Any ideas?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk