[Distutils] [venv] distribute-0.6.35 fails on python 3.3?

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 19:52:41 CET 2013

Tres Seaver <tseaver <at> palladion.com> writes:

> > How hard would it be to rewrite distribute to use a common language
> > subset instead of relying on 2to3?

I did this months ago, when doing PEP 405 venv development was getting old fast
because of the 2to3 delay:

https://bitbucket.org/vinay.sajip/distribute3

It's been mentioned on this list, but none of the distribute maintainers
appear to have picked up on it. It's been a short while (10 Jan 2013) since I
synchronised with the main repo, but it typically doesn't take all that long to
do.

All the tests pass whenever I merge upstream changes, but I'm not sure how much
confidence the maintainers have about test coverage and whether all tests passing
means enough for them to release into the wild.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip