[docs] [issue7229] Manual entry for time.daylight can be misleading

Alexander Belopolsky report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jan 11 22:27:26 CET 2011

Alexander Belopolsky <belopolsky at users.sourceforge.net> added the comment:

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM, anatoly techtonik
<report at bugs.python.org> wrote:
..
> To summarize: What is wrong with my previous proposal if we remove t
> from params?

Not much is wrong with it.   If it would come in a form of a patch and
without typos or mark-up mistakes, I or another committer would
probably apply it as an incremental improvement.   However, given that
additional effort is needed to apply your suggestion, I would rather
wait until a better solution is available.  Specifically, I don like
the duplication of time.localtime().tm_isdst recipe in daylight and
altzone.  Also, these variables should really be grouped together in
the docs.   I would like this to be done before a committer spends
time proofreading, fixing reST markup and committing the change.