[docs] [issue14034] Add argparse howto

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 19 05:17:43 CET 2012

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> added the comment:

A couple of thoughts on the draft HOWTO:

I like the "verbosity" example, but I'd also like to see it continue on into introducing the "action='count'" alternative that allows "-vv" to set the verbosity level to 2, etc.

I also find the idea of having higher verbosity levels that aren't supersets of lower verbosity levels to be an anti-pattern, so I'd prefer not to see it in an official HOWTO. To my mind, verbosity levels should be checked with ">=", never "==".