[Edu-sig] Python teaching syllabi

David Pettersson dave@se.linux.org
Sun, 20 May 2001 23:28:24 +0200

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 03:01:39PM -0500, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> I'm new to teaching C.S. and I'm wondering if anyone has any syllabi
> or other similar general course information they could share?

The book "Programming Principles in Java" actually teaches OOP by forcing
students to adapt to the Model-View-Control paradigm and structural
recursion. It was used successfully in the CS 101 course given at
my department (I was one of the TA's) this semester.

It might still not be published (we used an online version) -- surf the net
and you'll find it lying around :-).

Sincerely,
--
David Pettersson <dave@se.linux.org>