[Edu-sig] Re: How to use gtk + in python

Dave Reed drlinux at columbus.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 19:20:57 CET 2005

On Wednesday 02 March 2005 07:14, Murtuza Ali wrote:
> I m using windows xp, i have installed python 2.4 and also
> pygtk....its working well. Now i need to install gtk so i have
> installed gtk run time environment for win 32. But problem is that i m
> unable to use gtk libraries as i type the command
> import gtk
> it gives error that no module name gtk found
> i think i have not make the refrence of gtk in python...
> can any one help me out
> my Python is installed in c:\Python2.4
> and gtk in c:\GTK

It's been a while since I've tried to get pygtk running on Windows. You
need to set some enviornment variables.

Follow the directions at:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310519&sd=tech

and set the PATH environment variable so it includes both the lib and
bin directory where gtk/pygtk is installed.

HTH,
Dave