[Edu-sig] Best approach to teaching OOP and graphics

Winston Wolff winstonw at stratolab.com
Tue Mar 22 20:25:30 CET 2005

I think graphics is a great way to teach programming, because it gives
such strong feedback to the students.

How about making a small graphics library that has Shape objects.  You
create a shape object and manipulate it's attributes such as position,
color, size, numOfVertices (triangle, square, pentagram), etc.  Then
you can teach subclassing a shape object, and finally making your own
from scratch.  PyGame of course is a great environment to build such a
thing.

-ww