[Edu-sig] OLPC (was FYI: PataPata postmortem link)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Dec 1 10:42:44 CET 2006

On Dec 1, 2006, at 3:23 , Dethe Elza wrote:

>> The main wiki page for OLPC emulation is here:
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_images_for_emulation
>
> Alright.  I didn't know about that.  I had seen a blog post (maybe
> yours, can't remember off-hand) that linked to images for VMWare.
> But the page you link to above has instructions for getting it
> running under Parallels, so I'll see if I can't get that working.

Yes, I added those instructions (/me hugs his mac).

But actually, those images are just for trying the official builds.
Also, note that there is a bug so currently the images run at 640x480
(http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/504).

For developing your own stuff, it's much easier to use "sugar-
jhbuild" on a regular Linux machine (or Parallels install, as I do):

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar

If you have any problems getting started, it's best to hop by on IRC,
#olpc and #sugar on irc.freenode.net.

- Bert -