[Edu-sig] Crunchy Frog, Spiny Norman, edupython in general

Michael Tobis mtobis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 22:41:11 CEST 2006

I'll be giving a brief talk and trying to facilitate discussion at
ChiPy (the Chicago Python association) tomorrow (July 13) evening (7
PM) in downtown Chicago (Performics, 180 N Lasalle, suite 1100) on

Crunchy Frog, Spiny Norman, and networked tools for education

(Note there will also be a talk on parsing and a talk on Perl 6. Order
of presentations is pretty much figured out informally on the spot...)

Spiny Norman is my (as yet very preliminary) answer to Jeff Elkner's
request for a doctest based testing tool, which is amazingly
orthogonal to Andre's approach to a doctest based teaching tool, which
was also inpired by Jeff as I understand it.

Related topics have recently generated quite a lot of discussion on
the chipy mailing list