[Edu-sig] Alan Kay - another one of his ideas

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jul 13 21:46:47 CEST 2006

On Thu Jul 13 16:38:37 CEST 2006, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Well, for a start I'd like to see what Alan Kay used in his keynote.
> I'm guessing that's Logowiki.

He was just using the Squeak environment provided by the Squeakland
plugin, wasn't he? There was probably a mixture of custom content and higher
level Squeak-based components. At least, that's what it looked like to me.

It wasn't clear to me what was providing the collaborative interaction
facilities he showed at one point. Maybe that's some sort of extension to
Squeak.

David