[Edu-sig] Alan Kay - another one of his ideas

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:35:23 CEST 2006

On 17/07/06, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:

> > To my knowledge Alan Kay never wrote a 'Book'  ... I'm then somewhat
> puzzled
> > by your omniscience and omnipotence ;)
> >

> In any case, I see no reason to reach some broad consensus regarding
> Alan's legacy.  We're each likely to pursue our dreams in any case.

[...]

I agree with you. I believe we don't all learn in the same ways, so I'm
certainly against any kind of 'unification' in learning but for real
'diversification' accessible to kids (and I believe here the computer has an
important role to play).

I'm more and more noticing my weaknesses in the television area
> (meaning those are the muscles I'm most trying to build right now, not
> learning Ruby, not writing a lot more Pythonic mathematics, which I
> consider a completed model by now, ready for prime time).

Sounds interesting. Could you also put that on Google Video, YouTube or
whatever ?

PS:

'My' ~final ~word on this subject ( ...euh  videos) ;)

http://scott.weston.id.au/software/pymissile-20060126/

francois