[Edu-sig] Project HexaPent

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 04:53:10 CEST 2006

> oooo SAT sig

>      _ _ _
>    /         \
>  /             \
>  \   x        /
>    \ _ _ _ /

Trying again.  ASCII art was never my forte.

Note this is simplistic.  Every hexagon is guaranteed six immediate
neighbors, yes, but the relationship to the 8 compass directions is a
variable.  For example, if the geographic north pole (axis of spin) is
at the center of a hexagon, every radial movement is "South".  We
might color code the six slices of 360 (60 degree wedges), and put
these colors at the 8 points we sometimes see N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W,
NW.

The word Hexa-Pent is from one of the Fuller patents (long expired)