[Edu-sig] Gnu Math as Lightning Talk

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 21:35:42 CEST 2006

I think I've got it down to about 10 minutes, if not 5, per my blog
post of this morning:

http://mybizmo.blogspot.com/2006/06/more-adventures-with-tinkerbell.html

This is good, in case I get to pitch it studios, the way I'm planning,
as I think gnu math will only really fly if it comes prepackaged with
matching video (lotsa copyleft DVD clips), plus new flavors of reality
TV.

Hollywood has had its way with computers for so long (way back to
'Hackers' with Angelina), I think it's time it pay back, with some
attention to the real world for a change, instead of always this faux
scifi version of everything (Hollywood is a misinformation pump, by
design).

Or call it "day time television" (where we already slot the soaps --
but in this age of satellite and cable, why pretend bandwidth is the
limiting factor -- that really *can't* be the problem now can it).

If you can't see a way to do this on prime time, think in terms of a
"reality show" the under-employed might adopt, and acquire some job
skills by watching.  Think of the opportunities to cultivate brand
loyalty.  4D Solutions, a pioneer in open source.

Our TV is not boring, not with all those cartoons and computer animations.

Geek TV.  S'been a topic in my blog for years.

Not much happening though, as Nick Consoletti might tell ya.  Everyone
is waiting for everyone else I guess.  A demons' embrace.  A
conundrum.