[Edu-sig] The fate of raw_input() in Python 3000

ajsiegel at optonline.net ajsiegel at optonline.net
Fri Sep 8 20:33:35 CEST 2006

From: "Radenski, Atanas"

> You are obviously way more intelligent than the average student
> whom we need to teach.

Standardized testing seems to indicate me to be a good deal to the better spectrum of the bell curve.

But I honestly believe all that buys me is the ability to be a run-of-the-mill-programmer.

I certainly have no feeling of being anything other than within the middle of pack in terms
of native intelligence among those who actually eventually get some grasp.

I honestly feel that curriculum geared to some a population substanitally different than
myself can only being some form of busywork for all concerned -

as unpleasant as that might sound to those who percieve that to be their employment.