[Edu-sig] Playing games

Arthur ajsiegel at optonline.net
Thu Sep 21 18:57:10 CEST 2006

kirby urner wrote:

> The Pycon keynote I look forward to hearing (or even giving) someday,
> would be something about Python in the Peace and/or Marine Corps.

Perhaps my son will be better qualified - having left yesterday for a 2
year stint in the Peace Corps.  He will teach on a Pacific Island at a
vocational center - no electriity.

I made sure he was aware of the OLPC program before he left.  Even told
him that after he understaood the goals of his program, and his
students,that if he concluded that access to computers would be
relevant,  that I would make inquiries to see if  the OLPC folks might
be wanting test sites.

What I didn't tell him was that some fancy-dancing might be necessary.
That the loud-mouth on edu-sig teeing off on the Big Boys  at  MIT must
have been a different  Arthur Siegel. ;)

My expectation is that he will conclude that OLPC is not relevant to his
mission.  But he will be the expert in the field, not I.