[Edu-sig] Math 2.0 Webinar tonight: CEET and other teacher projects

Maria Droujkova droujkova at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 20:05:14 CET 2010

In the Help a Teacher and Events tracks, this week's webinar host Sue
Hellman will talk about a Canadian Math 2.0 online conference happening this
week. Please note the webinar room is different from the one we usually use.
Wednesday, February 10th we will meet in the LearnCentral public Elluminate
room at 6:30pm Pacific / 9:30pm Eastern time:
https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2008350&password=M.438D554F4A450D77B901E14104C303

Sue Hellman will talk about her successes in teaching with technology (zero
to hero in two years), and community building for teachers in British
Columbia, Canada and globally. She will also give us a sneak preview of the
CEET Math 2.0 Moodle event she is organizing in February. Here is the event
description from its page:

Are you wondering what blogs, wikis, and Web 2.0 have to do with teaching
math? We are hosting a free and open Math Moodle week from Feb. 12 to 19th
on Math 2.0: Tools & Resources for 21st Century Learners. The event is an
opportunity for educators interested in teaching math to collaborate in the
sharing of strategies, resources, ideas, questions and feedback about trying
new technology tools in math class.

Register at http://tinyurl.com/ylmvd7n.

You can also take a look at the Doing the Math wiki (http://doing-the-math.
wikispaces.com/) and add your information to the Meet & Greet page. This
wiki is a work in progress, but will eventually become a cache for all
resources shared during the event.

Check out Community of Expertise in Educational Technology (CEET) Math 2.0
group organized by Sue: http://elgg.openschool.bc.ca/pg/groups/1623/math-20/

Cheers,
Maria Droujkova
http://www.naturalmath.com

Make math your own, to make your own math.