[EuroPython] Paranoid Questions from an Attendee/Speaker

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 19:08:56 CET 2006

Hi All,

I'm planning on coming the conference as well as giving a talk, so:

I guess I register here:
http://indico.cern.ch/confRegistrationFormDisplay.py?confId=44

And I submit my talk here:
http://indico.cern.ch/abstractSubmission.py?confId=44

I book my hotel by contacting one of the hotels listed here:
http://housing-service.web.cern.ch/housing-service/listhotel.html

Can anyone recommend a nice, rather than cheap, hotel with good
WiFi/ethernet that's as close to the conference as possible?

How should I be looking to commute from the hotel to the conference
venue for each day of the conference?

I'm guessing I should look to checkin on the evening of the 2nd and
checkout on the morning of the 6th? (I'm not able to attend any sprints
due to time constraints :-/)

Are there any conference dinners or the like that I should make sure I'm
around for?

Also, I remember there being talk of a tour around CERN. Is this still
on? If so, how do I sign up for it?

Oh, and what currency should I bring? What does stuff cost in
Switzerland? Can I just live off a credit card?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk