[EuroPython] Preparations for 2007

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Tue Oct 17 16:27:46 CEST 2006

2006/10/17, Dario Lopez-Kästen <dario at ita.chalmers.se>:
> hello all,
>
> it would be nice if we could start preparations for 2007 by now.

yes. Thank you Dario for remembering us and pushing us forward.

> I have had/still have my hands full with work, but I got a message from
> the IRS so I've started looking at the economy; I will try to get some
> numbers out after the weekend.

Good. I would like to work on that with you. I think it could be very
interesting, for example to ask for further financial support by
companies and adminsitrations, as I mentioned in an earlier mail
(weeks ago) to have the figures of the last, say 2 or 3, editions of
EP.

For example:

* number of speakers,
* number of proposed papers,
* number of paying participants,
* income ventilated by types
* outcome ventilated by types

With these figures, we could also build some standard documents to
show to potential supporters.

I volunteer to help with this kind of work (at least to work on it with others)

> Nevertheless, the hardest work has always been to manage the content of
> the conference, so I suggest we should start thinking about what focus
> we want for Vilnius 2007 and look into track chairs, manager of all
> tracks chairs, etc.

I volunteer to work, organize and mayby chair the education track if
this can help.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Nicolas Pettiaux - email: nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be