[I18n-sig] Python and Unicode == Britain and the Euro?

Paul Prescod paulp@ActiveState.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 11:45:58 -0800

Andy Robinson wrote:

> 4. Visual Basic running under Windows 2000 with every international
> option I can find will accept unicode characters in string literals
> but will not accept characters outside of ISO-Latin-1 in

The more I look at I18N in VB.NET, the more impressed I am. It has no
language restrictions on variable names etc.

    Protected Sub Form1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)
        Dim ? As String
        Dim font As New System.Drawing.Font("Batang", 10)

        ? = "??"

        TextBox1.Text = ?
    End Sub

Each "?" is an ideograph. It seems to "just work".

 Paul Prescod