[I18n-sig] Support for "wide" Unicode characters

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:46:10 -0400

[MAL]
> Ah, OK... nice sofas these Crays, BTW ;-)

You're going to get a Cray Education before this is over even if it kills
you -- which it may <wink>.  Crays (at least in my day) made for horrible
sofas!  The oh-so-inviting padded leather "seats" surrounding the box
actually covered massive cooling coils.  Sit on it for 10 minutes and your
butt went numb; some poor souls who tried sleeping on them suffered serious
cases of hypothermia.  And these were people who didn't believe *anything*
was smaller than 64 bits.  I can't imagine what it would do to a C weenie
with heretical delusions about sizeof(short) -- if it got the chance, it
would probably put you in cryonic suspension until PCs moved to 128-bit
ints.

don't-screw-with-the-icy-ghost-of-seymour-cray-ly y'rs  - tim