[I18n-sig] JapaneseCodecs 1.4.10 released

Tamito KAJIYAMA kajiyama at grad.sccs.chukyo-u.ac.jp
Sat Dec 6 11:50:16 EST 2003

Hi all,

I've just released JapaneseCodecs 1.4.10.  The source tarball is
available at the following location:

  http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~rd6t-kjym/python/

This is a bug fix release.  A buffer overflow was found in the
EUC-JP codec in C, so upgrade is recommended.  Here is a list of
changes:

  - Fixed soundness bugs in Shift_JIS and MS932 decoders that
    invalid characters are quietly mapped into invalid Unicode
    characters. (Thanks to Hye-Shik Chang)
  - Fixed a buffer overflow in the encoder of japanese.c.euc-jp
    caused by a string that contains a lot of supplement Kanji
    characters. (Thanks to Atsuo ISHIMOTO)
  - added an alias "eucjp" for "japanese.euc-jp".

I noticed that regression tests would fail in Python 2.3 and
later.  Users of Unix-like OSs can run the tests manually as
follows, where $prefix refers to the directory in which Python
has been installed:

  $ cd JapaneseCodecs-1.4.10/test
  $ mkdir test
  $ mv *.py output test
  $ touch test/__init__.py
  $ cp $prefix/lib/python2.3/test/regrtest.py test
  $ cp $prefix/lib/python2.3/test/test_support.py test
  $ python2.3
  >>> import test.regrtest
  >>> test.regrtest.STDTESTS = []
  >>> test.regrtest.main(testdir="test")