[Image-SIG] PIL floodfill?

Joe Reinhardt jmr@everest.radiology.uiowa.edu
22 Nov 2000 09:06:26 -0600

I have a seeded region growing routine written in python.  It works
for both 4 and 8 connectivities on 2D PIL images, but it is extremely
slow.  If the regions you are filling are small it might be OK, but
for large regions I would suggest using a compiled module built in C.

My code requires Numeric, since I found that pixel access was much
faster using Numeric arrays rather than using PIL images with getpixel
and putpixel.

If you want to try it, let me know and I can email it to you.

--
Joseph M. Reinhardt, Ph.D.      Department of Biomedical Engineering
joe-reinhardt@uiowa.edu         1402 SC