[Inpycon] Budget estimates
vid at svaksha.com
Tue Apr 20 19:06:32 CEST 2010
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 21:39, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To err on the conservative side, unless we have some figures or talk
>> to sponsors, how do we go ahead with this for 2010 or should we look
>> at this for 2011 when (I assume) the dust would have settled and there
>> would be more time to plan/budget.
> I have been making a ruckus for a while now saying that our planning
> is delayed and that we have to at the very least postpone the event to
> OCtober or November but a many people (including yourself IIRC) said
> that there's still enough time.
IMO, there is enough time to plan for in.pycon in Sept --a local
event. Reg, foreign speakers, it was mentioned in earlier threads,
some said it should be Indian and there were a lot more suggestions
BUT there was no firm consensus on whether we _should_ nor who should
be invited for 2010 and _how_ this would impact the budget. Well, if
we can find corporate sponsors for the speakers without draining last
years pool.... yay, Great :) Until then I prefer to err on the "local"
> I'm asking for discussions on the budget and to arrive at concrete
> figures so that we *do* have something to go to the sponsors with.
> We're short of time so I don't want to drag this on for more than a
For the above, we need to decide on the "city" first, dates and venue
next and then the rest...............
thanks and regards,
vid || http://svaksha.com
More information about the Inpycon