[Inpycon] Ayodhya verdict
Sreekanth S Rameshaiah
sree at mahiti.org
Thu Sep 23 07:05:21 CEST 2010
I think we should show extreme restraint at this point. Lets not get into
this discussion as this sets in panic. Lets wait till 3 to decide.There is a
tiny potential that the verdict will not be pronounced tomorrow (if the
right bench of SC hears the case today!).
I and Noufal will be in college at 2:30. Will keep you all posted on
On 22 September 2010 23:49, Ramdas S <ramdaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 11:36 PM, renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>wrote:
>> On 9/22/10, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > On Wed, Sep 22 2010, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
>> >> Okay.
>> >> This is worrying to say the least. We need to discuss this at the
>> >> college today.
>> > Okay. As far as I can tell, the situation is that 25th will be a
>> > lockdown day. Prohibitory orders under Section 144 will be in effect on
>> > Saturday which will cripple us.
>> > Whatever we do, it's going to have some negative effects, people's
>> > travel plans will get messed up, people might miss their talks, etc. We
>> > need a plan that will minimise impact.
>> > I propose that we shorten the event to a one day conference. Sunday
>> > only. We can set up the equipment on the eve of th 25th and have a one
>> > day conference starting at 9:00am and going upto 6:00pm or so. I am
>> > going to the college tomorrow along with Sree to talk to the
>> > principal. If we can get two or three halls more, we can fill in the
>> > talks and accomodate everyone. It will be tighter and some people will
>> > miss talks they wanted but it's the only option I can see.
>> > Please let me know what you feel/think about this. I plan to put this up
>> > on a Blog post and tweet/notify about this tomorrow morning.
>> There is one option where we all can have a full fledged conference
>> Do it from evening 6 pm or 7 pm till late night on both the days ,
>> this will be the first time something happens like this and people may
>> enjoy this , i dont see any problem with this , only thing that has to
>> be take care is that you have enough cabs to address the
>> transportation or request the participants to get accommodated very
>> close to venue
>> > Thanks.
>> > --
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > Inpycon mailing list
>> > Inpycon at python.org
>> > http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/inpycon
>> Inpycon mailing list
>> Inpycon at python.org
> 1) Let's hear from the college first. If the college is ready, then we wait
> and take a call by 3 PM.
> 2) The state government is prepared either way, and I heard they have
> beefed up the resources already.
> 3) Let's hope that tomorrow supreme court will take a call on the
> petitions to defer the verdict after CWG, which's filed by some senior
> While Renuka's suggestion of a night conference is novel, it wont be
> practical if there's trouble. If there's trouble first thing which Bangalore
> police commissioner will call for will be Curfew.
> I think everything revolves around MSRIT college authorities.
> Ramdas S
> +91 9342 583 065
> Inpycon mailing list
> Inpycon at python.org
Sreekanth S Rameshaiah
Mahiti Infotech Pvt. Ltd.
#583, Vyalikaval HBCS Layout,
Bangalore, India - 560043
Phone: +91 80 4343 7373
Mobile: +91 98455 12611
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Inpycon