[Ironpython-users] dotNET object directory list similar to OS X'sFinder

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Mon Aug 1 11:16:29 CEST 2011

Hi, Lukáš,

Von: Lukáš Duběda [mailto:loocas at duber.cz]

> thank you very much for the info! Much appretiated.
>
> As for Qt bindings, this is something new to me, I though Qt was out of
> reach for C# or IronPython devs? Where can I get more info about this? I
> remember searching for Qt bindings for .NET, but only found some very
> complex code showing how to bind C++ code via .NET or something. I'm not a
> C++ programmer, not even a C# dev, I only write programs in IronPython :(

I personally only used gtk# (http://www.mono-project.com/GtkSharp. This is well-maintained by the mono project, but also works with Windows .NET).

http://mono-framework.com/Gui_Toolkits mentions Qyoto and QT4Dotnet - but I don't have any personal experience with them.

Btw, I would not expect any of those three bindings (gtk#, Qyoto and QT4Dotnet) to be 1:1 compatible with the direct cPython bindings for QT and Gtk+.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915