[Mailman-Announce] RELEASED Mailman 2.1.2
barry at python.org
Sun Apr 27 18:11:41 EDT 2003
I've just released Mailman 2.1.2 which includes many bug fixes and
language updates, as well as support for two new languages,
Portuguese/Portugal and Polish. I recommend all Mailman 2.1 users
upgrade to this release.
The full source tarball has been made available from the usual sites.
Currently, there is no patch available, but you should be able to
install 2.1.2 over your existing 2.1.x installation. See
for links to download all the patches and the source tarballs.
Be sure you restart your mailman daemon by doing a "mailmanctl restart"
http://www.list.org (not yet updated)
-------------------- snip snip --------------------
- New languages Portuguese (Portugal) and Polish.
- Many convenient constants have been added to the Defaults.py
module to (hopefully) make it more readable.
- Email addresses which contain 8-bit characters in them are now
rejected and won't be subscribed. This is not the same as 8-bit
characters in the realname, which is still allowed.
- The X-Originating-Email header is removed for anonymous lists.
Hotmail apparently adds this header.
- When running make to build Mailman, you can specify $DESTDIR to
the install target to specify an alternative location for
installation, without influencing the paths stored in
e.g. Defaults.py. This is useful to package managers.
- New Defaults.py variable DELIVERY_RETRY_WAIT which controls how
long the outgoing qrunner will wait before it retries a
- The semantics for the extend.py hook to MailList objects has
changed slightly. The hook is now called before attempting to
lock and load the database.
- Mailman now uses the email package version 2.5.1
- bin/transcheck now checks for double-%'s
- bin/genaliases grew a -q / --quiet flag
- cron/checkdbs grew a -h / --help option.
- The -c / --change-msg option has been removed from bin/add_members
- bin/msgfmt.py has been added, taken from Python 2.3's Tools/i18n
directory. The various .mo files are now no longer distributed
with Mailman. They are generated at build time instead.
- A new file misc/sitelist.cfg which can be used with
bin/config_list provides a small number of recommended settings
for your site list. Be sure to read it over before applying!
sitelist.cfg is installed into the data directory.
- Many bug fixes, including these SourceForge bugs closed and
patches applied: 677668, 690448, 700538, 700537, 673294, 683906,
671294, 522080, 521124, 534297, 699900, 697321, 695526, 703941,
658261, 710678, 707608, 671303, 717096, 694912, 707624, 716755,
661138, 716754, 716702, 667167, 725369, 726415
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 350 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-announce/attachments/20030427/8a6a555b/attachment.bin
More information about the Mailman-announce