[Mailman-Announce] RELEASED: Mailman 3.0 alpha 8

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Sep 26 00:26:28 CEST 2011

I am very happy to announce the release of the eighth alpha for Mailman 3.0,
code named "Where's My Thing?".  This is the last planned alpha release, as I
want to work toward the first beta in order to meet my goal of an 11/11/11
final release (of the core engine at least).

If you've been holding off looking at Mailman 3, I invite you to do so now.
Once beta 1 is released I will not be adding any new features.  I do hope to
put up a few live test lists soon, so stay tuned.

There have been a large number of fixes and new features, especially in the
REST API.  My thanks go to Stephen Goss who has contributed greatly to this
release, with bug reports, wish list items, patches, and merge proposals.
Full details of what's new in 3.0a8 is available here:

    http://tinyurl.com/6yxgclf

The tarball can be downloaded from Launchpad or the Cheeseshop:

    https://launchpad.net/mailman
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mailman/3.0.0a8

The full documentation is also online:

    http://packages.python.org/mailman/