[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 1.0b6
Sat, 7 Nov 1998 14:24:20 -0800
Ok, 1.0b6 is finally done. I needed some info from Barry, and he sent
it this morning, then I wasn't around until a little while ago. I'm
going to hold off about a day on a more widespread announcement, just
to make sure you guys don't find any big show-stoppers that we missed.
You can get it off the home page (http://www.list.org), or at:
New in b6:
- Archiving is (finally) back in.
- Administrivia filter added.
- Mail queue mechanism revamped with better concurrency control.
- For recipients that have estmp MTAs, set delivery notification
status so that only delivery failure notices are sent out,
inhibiting 4 hour and N day warning notices.
- Now expire old unconfirmed subscription requests, rather than keeping
- Added proposed standard List-Id: header, and our own X-MailmanVersion
- Prevent havoc from attempts to subscribe a list to itself. (!)
- Refine mail command processing to prevent loops.
- Pending subscription DB redone with better locking and cleaner
- posters functionality expanded.
- Subcsription policy more flexible, sensible, and site-configurable.
- Various and sundry bug fixes.