[Mailman-Developers] Hypermail

Dan Ohnesorg dan@feld.cvut.cz
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 19:19:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Troy Morrison wrote:

> | Yes, I know, but it is nice on hypermail that it can be trigered directly
> | from mailman. When I will use another archiving tool, it must be runed
> | from crontab. Is is from my point of view bad, becouse on not loaded lists
> | is archiving tool runned too often and system overhead is big, or too only
> | sometimes and the archive is out of sync with list.
>
> I could be wrong (I downloaded mhonarc, but haven't really set it up to
> run with mailman), but doesn't mhonarc use "-add" to add a single message
> to the archives?
>
> Could you trigger that directly from mailman?
>
> Troy

Yes, the problem is, i can atach archiver on alias like

list: |archiver, |listserv

So can be attached any archiver to any list and is trigered only with
incoming message. Problem is, that some messages are not send by listserv,
becouse they are from spamming domain, contaist only commands for listserv
etc. So the archive doesn't containts that what was send by listserv.

Second is make archiver a listmember. Not bad, but message can spend many
hours in mailqueue. It is not a online archiving.

Third, my favourite is to call archiver inside listserv. And this can be
by mailman complicated. But i will look on it to find some solution.

cheers
dan