[Mailman-Developers] sugestion: http-digest

J C Lawrence claw@nuron.com
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:51:58 -0700

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:43:11 -0300
dojai  <dojai@mail.ufv.br> wrote:

> This may seem a stupid sugestion, but since almost all lists have
> an archive: I was thinking why instead of receiving the traffic
> from the list as a digest (my case) why can't there be an option
> (other than text and mime) for just receiving an email with the
> URLs for each entry of the traffic of the day.  Advantages: 1-
> would "send" each email on demand 2- I wouldn't receive big emails
> which I tend to trash instead of saving

ObNote: This really breaks when you use external archivers (as I
do).  This doesn't mean its a good idea -- just that there's a
significant caveat.

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu
---------(*)                                Work: claw@nuron.com