[Mailman-Developers] ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

Serge M. Egelman serge@guanotronic.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 04:19:55 +0000

Hi,
        I just noticed that on 5 of the lists that I host, when you go
"pending administrative requests" you get the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/home/mailman/scripts/driver", line 89, in run_main
    main()
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 121, in main
    PrintRequests(mlist, doc, form)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 176, in
PrintRequests
    PrintPostRequest(mlist, id, info, total, count, form)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admindb.py", line 192, in
PrintPostRequest
    ptime, sender, subject, reason, filename = info
ValueError: unpack tuple of wrong size

Looking through the logs, it appears that the 5 lists affected all got a
message from "opera9@flash.net" (a non-subscriber), it appears that
since the messages were all received within 10 seconds of each other,
this is most likely spam.  These are the only lists that exhibit this
problem, and I think that it's all related to this message.  Any ideas?

serge

--
/*
Serge Egelman

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." - Lazarus Long
*/