[Mailman-Developers] .nfs* lock files

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@python.org
Wed, 31 May 2000 18:38:30 -0400 (EDT)

    HM> Cheap shot at making this post on-topic: Should there be a
    HM> cron script (possibly cron/checkdbs will do) to warn the site
    HM> admin about lists that have been corrupted?

I could probably elaborate on the mechanism in MailList.Load() -- see
the CVS tree -- where if config.db is missing, it'll fallback to
config.db.last.  If it falls back, then it shutil.copy()'s
config.db.last to config.db so the logic in Save() doesn't need to be
changed.

We could probably do the same thing if the unmarshalling of config.db
fails.  But why you'd get a MemoryError is beyond me, unless the
corruption tickles a bug in Python.

-Barry