Fw: [Mailman-Developers] Re: [Mailman-Announce] Announcing Mailman 2.0 beta 6

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 07:44:21 -0700

At 8:51 AM -0400 9/24/00, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>I wonder if we should add "vacation" to Utils.IsAdministrivia()?

"vacation" isn't safe -- too many false positives. "on vacation" is
better, but only works in the states (in most of the rest of the
world, it's "holiday").

"out of the office" works pretty well, too.

What I prefer to do, though, is to trap the footer. If someone
replies and leaves the footer attached, it's either an unedited
message or a mailbot, and either way you probably want to trap that.
So I look for a string in the footer or the digest list info, and try
to put a string in there that isn't going to show up in normal
conversation.

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"