[Mailman-Developers] patch not-to limit_posts_to_members if from usenet in mail-news gw

Giancarlo Pinerolo giancarlo@navigare.net
Wed, 04 Jul 2001 09:05:47 +0200

Now that I got the go with pyton, I also managed to modify Hold.py so
that, in a mail-news gateway where 'members-posting-only' is set, this
check will not apply to messages from the 'usenet side', but only to
messages coming from the 'mailing-list side'.
(see
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2001-June/012509.html for
the prob)

This way unaware news posters from  out there in the world will not
receive a 'not allowed to post' message, which they might not
undersatand and complain about

Really a minor intervention. Mailman code is very well structured and
written.

Does anyine think this may be  interesting?

Giancarlo