[Mailman-Developers] Re: subscription confirmations

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:02:54 -0700

On 7/18/01 2:24 PM, "Gerald Oskoboiny" <gerald@impressive.net> wrote:

> Because I know there are broken implementations out there, I
> would not recommend that most people try prefetching any URLs
> they see in their incoming email,

But doesn't the standard encourage just that, because it puts a patina of
"it's okay to do this" on a standard that's clearly not safe to do so with,
while not really dealing (at least in any of the stuff I've seen) with why
it's not really safe, at least in a way someone who isn't already familiar
with the issues would catch?

[<chuqui@plaidworks.com> = <me@chuqui.com> = <chuq@apple.com>]

I'm really easy to get along with once you
people learn to worship me.