[Mailman-Developers] HTML Issue

James Dinan james@gilbertwalker.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:49:27 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C0FD64.8168A650

I posted this message to mailman-users, and then the more I was thinking =
about it, the more I began to think this was a question for developers.  =
Please tell me what you think:

I am running Mailman 2.0.1 on Redhat 6.2 and I am having difficulty with =
the Subscribe Results Page (/mailman/subscribe/listname).  More =
specifically, I have edited the HTML and whenever I view the page, =
mailman appears to be prepending the following to the source:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY
<BODY bgcolor=3D"#ffffff">

which I'm sure you can imagine is wreaking havoc on the rest of my HTML. =
 Has anyone else had this problem, or is this fixed in future releases?  =
Since I am not an admin on the server I am configuring it will be =
difficult (Redhat installs mailman in /var/mailman) to recompile =
mailman.

I have just checked =
http://mail.python.org/mailman/subscribe/mailman-users and you can see =
for yourself that this is also happening with the version of mailman =
that serves this list.

- jim dinan.
James Dinan <james@gilbertwalker.com>
Gilbert Walker Group: Lenox, MA  U.S.A
Available:  http://www.gilbertwalker.com

------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C0FD64.8168A650

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I posted this message to mailman-users, =
and then=20
the more I was thinking about it, the more I began to think this was a =
question=20
for developers.&nbsp; Please tell me what you think:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am running Mailman 2.0.1 on Redhat =
6.2 and I am=20
having difficulty with the Subscribe Results Page=20
(/mailman/subscribe/listname).&nbsp; More specifically, I have edited =
the HTML=20
and whenever I view the page, mailman appears to be prepending the =
following to=20
the source:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2><BR>&lt;HTML&gt;<BR>&lt;HEAD&gt;<BR>&lt;/HEAD&gt;<BR>&lt;BODY<BR=
>&lt;BODY=20
bgcolor=3D"#ffffff"&gt;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>which I'm sure you can imagine is =
wreaking havoc on=20
the rest of my HTML.&nbsp; Has anyone else had this problem, or is this =
fixed in=20
future releases?&nbsp; Since I am not an admin on the server I am =
configuring it=20
will be difficult (Redhat installs mailman in /var/mailman) to recompile =

mailman.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have just checked <A=20
href=3D"http://mail.python.org/mailman/subscribe/mailman-users">http://ma=
il.python.org/mailman/subscribe/mailman-users</A>&nbsp;and=20
you can see for yourself that this is also happening with the version of =
mailman=20
that serves this list.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- jim dinan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
-------<BR>James=20
Dinan &lt;<A=20
href=3D"mailto:james@gilbertwalker.com">james@gilbertwalker.com</A>&gt;<B=
R>Gilbert=20
Walker Group: Lenox, MA&nbsp; U.S.A<BR>Available:&nbsp; <A=20
href=3D"http://www.gilbertwalker.com">http://www.gilbertwalker.com</A></F=