[Mailman-Developers] Mailman queue design problem?

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:29:02 -0400

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:59:28AM -0400, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> 4) The qrunners are long running processes, monitored by a cron
>    spawned watchdog.  Pros: on a warmed up system, delivery occurs
>    almost immediately, with start up delays amortized over the life of
>    the qrunner (Python 2.0's cyclic garbage collector helps keep
>    memory usage under control).  Cons: debugging is, er, more
>    challenging because you have to kill the master qrunner whenever
>    you (really, I ;) make a change to the code.

With just a little caution on locking, that's going to make my rate
limit throttling stuff much easier to implement, isn't it?

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows