[Mailman-Developers] Dates

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:27:11 -0400

On Tue, May 01, 2001 at 12:23:01PM -0700, Dan Mick wrote:
> Personally, I want the date in the Date header to be the one that
> shows up. I don't care when it got to the list server, finally; I care
> when it was sent. If the sender is too stupid to set up his machine, I
> want to know that, too.

It's possible, Dan, that you might have missed the fact that what's
being discussed (unless *I* missed something big :-) is *what date the
message is _archived_ as*... and that the original sent date is
preserved in the archive.  I don't think -- Barry will no doubt forrect
me if my short term memory has gone completely to hell -- that he was
rewriting dates on *mailed* messages...

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink