[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen@xemacs.org
26 Feb 2002 15:17:39 +0900

    BAW> Yeah, it's just that I generally hate cookies too.

So call them [Kerberos] "tickets".  (Me like cookies, one, two, I put
them away now.  Tickets have no flavor and are hard to chew.)  You
aren't going to make cookies go away, because they really really do
constitute a service to the browsing public.

This is a generic problem on the 'net.  Making the 'net work for you
most effectively requires that you carry a persona with you, whether
you call that "cookie", "ticket", "published email address", or
"shopping cart".  This necessarily conflicts with privacy.

One may hope that Mailman's specific set of solutions can contribute
to that broader set of issues.

    BAW> If you only knew, you might be horrified.

Naw.  I'm an economist in Japan.  Beyond horror.