[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 23:12:28 -0800

On 2/25/02 10:08 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> The problem is that I suspect it makes it much harder for a person to
> find their user account and get themselves unsubscribed.  Without the
> roster, they have to know the address they're subscribed with to get
> anywhere.  And lots of people don't.

Do users actually look themselves up? To be blunt about it, as far as I can
tell, they simply email the admin and say "help me!". Is this a real issue
any more? Not to me, it's not. The exposure risk is worth a couple of extra
help requests to the admin -- and I doubt any significant group of users
actually look themselves up any more.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

He doesn't have ulcers, but he's a carrier.