[Mailman-Developers] Notes about 2.1a4 version

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 01:05:51 -0500

    DO> 1) The admin messages doesn't have MIME headers at all:

    DO> this is vitally needed to be in czech emails.

I think I've fixed most of these.  But it's error prone so some may be
missing.  I think I might need to put more smarts into the
Message.UserNotification class. :(

    DO> 2) Mailman crashes if there is not localized html template for
    DO> some page. I think it should print only a message or better,
    DO> use english one from /en/ tree.

Hmm, do you have any more details?  I can't seem to find one that crashes.

    DO> 3) in file crontab.in is broken this entry

    DO> # At 9AM, send notifications to disabled members that are due
    DO> to be # reminded to re-enable their accounts.  0 9 * * *
    DO> /usr/bin/python2 -S @prefix/cron/disabled

    DO> there should be @prefix@

Got it, thanks.

    DO> 4) in README.POSTFIX is

    DO>     - Run the genaliases script to initialize your aliases
    DO> file.

    |       % cd /usr/local/mailman
    |       % bin/genaliases

    | but it doesnt generate postfix aliases without setting
    |  MTA = 'Postfix' before.

Got it.

    DO> 5) it is not a bug, but the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL should be
    DO> settable per list.

Hmm, yeah, but so far I'm avoiding this.  How important will this be?

    DO> 6) Hypermail seems be not working, but I am using MHonArc, so
    DO> I am not sure.

Do you mean Pipermail?  Seems to work for me.

    DO> But I see, Mailman 2.1 will make revolution in mailing list
    DO> management.

Yay!

Thanks,
-Barry