[Mailman-Developers] documentation for config.pck elements?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:47:19 -0500

    DM> SA

    >> I read about SA briefly and it looks like you could run it in a
    >> client/server arrangement.

    DM> Yeah; it runs as a relatively-big Perl wad normally, but for
    DM> efficiency you can start it as a daemon and then run a small C
    DM> client that behaves the same way, so that the startup costs
    DM> are one-time instead of per-mail.

    >> If the on-the-wire protocol were simple enough, you could
    >> probably write a pure-Python client and then integrate that
    >> into Mailman's handler pipeline.  If it's too complex, you
    >> might be able to wrap SA's C API in a Python extension module.

    DM> Yeah, either should be simple enough to code in Python (it's
    DM> an HTML-like protocol).

    DM> I actually hadn't thought about trying to provide spam
    DM> filtering for lists; I'm just thrilled with what it's doing
    DM> for my personal email.

Cool.  If you do look at integrating it with Mailman let me know.  If
SA has a good low false positive hit rate, it might be nice to provide
a handler module to it (if SA's got a GPL compatible license that is
;).

-Barry