[Mailman-Developers] more 2.1a4+ stuff

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:07:21 -0500 (EST)

Ok, amazingly, it seems to be largely working.  Two pieces of
brokenness and a bitch.  (I'd track this farther but suddenly
entirely new fish have landed in my frying pan, and I have to
context switch...)

First, the bitch:

It's annoying as crap to have to edit out:
To finish creating your mailing list, you must edit your /etc/aliases (or
equivalent) file by adding the following lines, and possibly running the
`newaliases' program:

>From between each and every single alias that genaliases dumps!

Brokenness - email to my test list has a

header in it...

And this list echoes to my local test newsgroup, and I'm getting

Jan 14 10:57:52 2002 (4653) (NNTPDirect) NNTP error for list "rontest": 441 437 No colon-space in "From jarrell@lennier.cc.vt.edu Mon Jan 14 10:57:48 2002 " header

The error is correct, but the problem, obviously, is the unix from header
should never have hit the nntp server...