[Mailman-Developers] (no subject)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham@VData.co.uk
28 Jan 2002 10:36:17 +0000

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 02:59, LEES107@aol.com SHOUTED ALL-IN-CAPITALS:-
> I AM INTERESTED IN GETTING THI S PROGRAM. WILL YOU SEN ME THE NECESSARY
> INFORMATION I WILL NEED FOR THE DOWNLOAD.  I AM USING WINDOWS XP.
> I TRIED LAST FRIDAY MORNING TO GET IT DOWNLOADED BUT HAD SOME SUCCESS , BUT
> VERY LITTLE.

You have a number of problems here....
  1. The requirements to download and run Mailman are detailed
     in http://www.list.org/download.html

     Windows XP is not capable of running Mailman without substantial
     work, although a machine capable of running XP should be
     convertable into a reasonable Unix box by installing
     either Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD or OpenBSD

  2. You will need another hosting site to run this stuff -
     I hate to think how much work it would be to make this run
     of an AOL based dialup.

> I DO HAVE A CONFIRMATION NUMBER IT IS 520974.

  3. Thats presumably the list subscription confirmation number
     The message you got the confirmation request in tells you
     what you need to do with it... if you haven't gathered that
     then just possibly you shouldn't be thinking of running
     internet based mailing lists yourself.

> THANK YOU

Any chance you can examine your keyboard and find the largish key on the
left hand side marked caps lock.  Press it once - a light either within
the key or normally placed towards the top right of your keyboard will
then go out.  This makes your text *much* easier to read and you not
appear to be shouting all the time....

	Nigel.