[Mailman-Developers] How to export memberlist to file

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Tue Jul 13 22:22:09 CEST 2004

On Jul 13, 2004, at 3:58 PM, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> It would be nice if 'list_members' also listed all the other secondary
> info to ease exports/imports and/or list moves,
>
>  - Digest on/off
>  - Members name (if entered)
>  - mod/hide/etc/etc

Sounds good as long as it's optional and can be turned off.  I'm pretty
sure there are good reasons for wanting a list of only email addresses,
and I think some people are using it expecting this output (I seem to
recall someone who had a script that got addresses for all subscribers
on a site and made an announcement list out of it for urgent side-wide
announcements without sending to all lists?)

It shouldn't be hard to add to list_members.  It can already be done
with withlist (If I recall correctly) but it'd be a handy thing to have
for backups.

I'll take a look at it later if no one else gets to it first.

  Terri