[Mailman-Developers] Please help me debug...

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Mon Mar 8 11:41:55 EST 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to get this problem resolved for about 1
week now, in the mailman-users list. First I'd like to thank
the couple of people there that have been able to shed some
light on the issue, but the problem persists and I'm hoping
the developers list can steer me in the right direction.

I am not able to view private archives via a user logon. I
provided some input on the users list and Jon Carnes kindly
mentioned that 2.1.4 fixes a bug related to this issue. He
also suggested that I clear out all cookies and restart the
browser and try again.

Problem is I have been running 2.1.4 and other than making
slight changes to MailList.py, everything else in my system
is stock 2.1.4, the tarball the one from Dec 31.

My Python environment, on a SUSE 9.0 system is as follows:

# rpm -qa|grep python
python-mysql-0.9.2-52
python-devel-2.3-49
mod_python-2.7.8-427
python-japanese-1.4.9-206
python-curses-2.3-49
python-tk-2.3-49
python-2.3-52
python-korean-2.0.5-212

I even re-installed mailman-2.1.4 just to be sure. I
basically re-ran configure, recompiled everything and
re-installed. But when I try to access the private archives
(via private.cgi/list) mailman dies on me. This is what I
get:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.4

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
If you would like to help us identify the problem, please
email a copy of this page to the webmaster for this site
with a description of what happened. Thanks!

Traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/scripts/driver", line 87, in
run_main
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/private.py", line
120, in main
    password, username):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
226, in WebAuthenticate
    print self.MakeCookie(ac, user)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/SecurityManager.py", line
233, in MakeCookie
    raise ValueError
ValueError

I have a client using mailman that is complaining about this
problem, and I have not been able to fix it.

Thanks for any input!

Ricardo