[Mailman-Developers] SMTPDeliver.py still can't do MTA VERP?

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at grumblesmurf.net
Fri Feb 25 23:14:16 CET 2005

Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> writes:

> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=731100&group_id=103
>
> but I haven't looked at the details of it.

I've been using that patch for months (I used it replace a patch
of my own that did basically the same thing, but in a sightly
less generic way.)

In short, if you have mm_cfg.VERP_STYLE=Postfix defined, it will
pass the ESMTP argument XVERP=+= to the RCPT command, then
postfix will take care of it.

I believe it also work on EXIM, though I don't have it here to
try.  If it does, then i would suggest changing to option name to
something more generic applying the patch.

Darrell