[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.X CVS MAIN is back

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Sep 1 15:42:53 CEST 2005

At 3:32 PM +0200 2005-09-01, Brad Knowles wrote:

>                                                        I couldn't
>  even get them to agree to run ntpd instead of ntpdate on the
>  python.org machines, because that's not what was provided in the
>  Debian packages.

	Sorry, it's not just a matter of what is provided in the Debian
packages.  It's also a matter that they feel that good timesync is
not important for us, and therefore they don't want to run ntpd.

	All arguments from Thomas Akin's book "Hardening Cisco Routers"
(see <http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/hardcisco/chapter/ch10.html>),
or <http://www.net.berkeley.edu/time/>,
<http://uwadmnweb.uwyo.edu/InfoTech/Support/data/time.htm>,
<http://www.spirit.com/Network/net0701.html>, or even the Linux
Administrators Guide at <http://www.tldp.org/LDP/sag/html/ntp.html>,
were not enough to convince them that good time sync is important.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755