[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 2.X CVS MAIN is back

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at err.no
Thu Sep 1 15:59:32 CEST 2005

* Ian Eiloart

| --On 1 September 2005 10:03:31 +0200 Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen at err.no> wrote:
|
| > The default python version in Debian is still 2.3, so I would really
| > like 2.3 to be supported for MM2.2.
|
| So, here <http://packages.debian.org/stable/python/> we see that the
| version of Python in Debian stable ('sarge') is python (2.3.5-2), as it is
| in Debian testing ('etch') release, and in Debian unstable ('sid')!
|
| Mailman releases are mailman (2.1.5-8) through (2.1.5.9).
|
| I reckon that Mailman 2.2 isn't likely to get into any of these releases,
| whether it requires 2.3 or 2.4.

I'm certainly hoping that Mailman 2.2 will go into the next stable,
always be that, etch will be replaced with a new testing once it's
stable.)  Of course, this is dependent on whether Mailman 2.2 or etch
releases first.

| My view is that Debian should not be allowed to hold up anyone's
| development cycles. As far as I know, it still ships with exim 3 as the
| default mailer, over three years after exim 4 was released. I think that
| even 'sid' ships with exim 3 as the default mailer.

This is wrong; exim4 was changed to be default for the current stable
release, released this summer.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-